If you don’t know how to Install PS4 Firmware Update, please read first carefully and then try to install it. Otherwise, your PS4 system will be crashed or damaged. Most of the PS4 users damaged their PS4 system due to lack of knowledge How to Install PS4 Firmware Update. So, we are here to save your PS4 and your time.
PS4: Update System Software Manually
To install the firmware software you must have an internet connection because you need to download the firmware to external storage.
Enable Automatic Download and Install of PS4 System Software
To receive first updates you must enable these options on your PS4 system. To enable this option to follow these steps by step correctly:
- From the function, area go to [Settings] and press the X button
- Select [Power Saving Settings] > [Set Functions Available in Rest Mode]
- Ensure the [Stay Connected to the Internet] setting is also checked
- Next, from the [Settings] menu go to [System] > [Automatic Downloads and Uploads].
- Tick the checkbox for both [System Software Update Files] and [Install Automatically].
- Finally, you need to leave your PS4™ in rest mode to allow automatic downloads and uploads to take place when you’re not using the system.
To enter rest mode:
- Press and hold the PS button to view the Quick Menu.
- Select [Enter Rest Mode] and press the X button.
How to Update System Software on PS4™ Manually
There are so many PS4 users who damaged their PS4 console during updating PS4 System Software Manually. So, please read first and follow all the steps by steps to install manually PS4 Firmware on your PS4. If you started any of the games save first then close. Otherwise, you’ll lose your data.
- Go to [Settings], select [System Software Update] and press the X button, select Upgrade Now.
- If there is an update available, the version number will be listed on the next screen. Select Next and press the X button. The next screen will show you the download progress.
- Once the download is complete, read the System Software License Agreement. If you agree, select Accept and press the X button to confirm your choice. The PS4™ will prepare the system for the update. This process will take a couple of minutes to complete. The PS4™ will then restart and perform the update.
- After the update is completed, the PS4™ will restart another time. Once it is finished booting up, press the PlayStation button on your controller and sign in with your user profile.
- If the next screen suggests adding an account on PlayStation™Network (PSN), you may either use an existing account or create a new account. Select Next to sign in with your existing account (or create a new one). Select Skip to sign in or sign up for PSN later. To create a new account, from the PS4™ sign-in screen select New User > Create a New User and follow the on-screen prompts to create an account.
- Your system is now updated successfully.
How to Update PS4™ System Software Using an External Storage Device
- Use this method if the manual update on PS4™ failed and your system has version 1.5 or higher.
- You can check the system version by going to [Settings] > [System] > [System Information] screen.
What You Need:
• A computer connected to the Internet.
• An external storage device, such as a USB flash drive, with at least 400MB of free space.
Steps to Update the System Software
- Visit the PS4 System Software Update page and download the latest system software update to the external storage device.
- Plug the external storage device containing the system update file into the PS4™.
If you get the error: “SU-41350-3 – Cannot find the update file” it means that the PUP file was renamed by your computer due to multiple downloads of the same file.
Solution: Check the download location on your PC or Mac, delete any previous versions. Make sure the current file is named: PS4UPDATE.PUP. You can also download the file from below:
- From the Home screen, press Up on the D-pad to enter the Function menu. Scroll to the right, select Settings, and then press the X button.
- Select System Software Update, and press the X button. The system will find the update on your external storage device. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.
- Once the download is complete, read the System Software License Agreement. If you agree, select Accept and press the X button to confirm your choice. The PS4™ will then prepare the system for the update. This process will take a couple of minutes to complete. The PS4™ will then restart and perform the update.
- When the update is completed, the PS4™ will restart again. Once it is finished booting up, press the PlayStation button on your controller and sign in with your user profile.
- If the next screen suggests adding an account on the PlayStation™Network (PSN), you may either use an existing account or create a new account. Select Next to sign in with your existing account (or create a new one). Select Skip to sign in or sign up for PSN later. To create a new account, from the PS4™ sign-in screen select New User > Create a New User and follow the on-screen prompts to create an account.
How to Download Updates on PS4™ Automatically While in Rest Mode
Automatic downloads for the system and game updates are enabled by default when PS4™ is in rest mode. This is the quickest and easiest way to update the system software because your PS4™ will download the updates automatically. Before you update your PS4 Firmware Software you must have an internet connection and it connected with the PS4 console.
To check if this setting is enabled, go to Settings > Power Save Settings > Set Functions Available in Rest Mode, and make sure there is a checkmark next to the following settings:
- Stay Connected to the Internet.
- Enable Turning On PS4™ from Network.
With these settings enabled, all you have to do is leave your PS4™ in rest mode when you are not using it, and the update will download as soon as it is available. To enter rest mode, press and hold the PlayStation button while the system is on, then select Enter Rest Mode, and press the X button.
Your system should now be updated to the latest software version and you may continue to enjoy the full range of PS4™ products and services.
If you have any problems you can directly comment below to ask your questions. Thank You.
Hope this post will help you.
Common Questions on How to Install PS4 Firmware
1. How do you install software on ps4?
To install the firmware you must have a USB flash drive with 1GB storage capacity. First, download the PS4 Firmware to your USB, then connect the USB flash drive to your computer.
2. Do updates download faster in rest mode ps4?
Many of the PS4 users have reported that putting their console in the rest mode helped to download some files faster than usual while some ask Does rest mode on ps4 download games faster. You can download your files even in the rest mode just follow these steps to do so: Go to settings. Head to power saving settings.
3. Why does ps4 download faster in rest mode?
The thought process behind it is this: Since your PS4 is in rest mode, it doesn’t need to be running background apps or using other network features. With these suspended during this time, you’ll tend to notice download speeds improve as the console can put more of its energy and brainpower into downloading the game.
4. Can you play ps4 games without updating?
These days most of the users have an internet connection and a few users don’t have internet access at their home. So, you can play the game online/ offline if it does not force you to update before playing it. If you plan on playing a game in a single-player or a campaign mode, just insert the disc in the console, let it install and simply play without needing to update it.