You have a PS4 but as your internet speed, the download speed is not working on your PS4? Today we write here some tricks for How to Increase Download Speed on PS4. With this trick, you can easily increase the internet speed on your PS4 and enjoy it with the PS4.
How to Increase Download Speed on PS4
There are several circumstances to increase internet speed on PS4. Many of the users think that the internet speed is better on other devices than the PS4, but how? and why? They never know what is the problem and what is the solution for it. So, we’re going to show you How to Increase Download Speed on PS4.
After applying these tricks the internet speed will be increased downloads for Games, Movies and other items. One thing keeps in mind that the DNS server can make a huge difference in PS4 download speed. But the DNS server is not only changing the factor of PS4 download speed. We write here all the possible methods to How to Increase Download Speed on PS4. With this method, there are not increasing the internet speed on your PS4 but the download speed will be increased than the previous time.
Method 1: Download only one item at once
Many of the users download so many items at once. They think all the downloading will be finished at a single time. But they don’t know what happened when they do this. As with any console, downloading multiple items at once will slow down the collective download speed for all items. You will achieve the best results by downloading items particularly games one at a time.
Method 2: Don’t Play Games When Download is Active
Every people don’t have much time and they want to use every second of the time. So, they think that in the downloading time they can play a game. But when downloading is active and at the same time you’re playing a game the downloading speed also decreased and the online gaming experience also bad. You cannot play smoothly the game during any item is actively downloading.
Method 3: Pause and Resume the Download
If you think your internet speed is working properly but only the internet speed is slow on the PS4 you must try to pause the download on your PS4 and resume it again after some minutes pausing. Or you can try to reboot (restart) the PS4 at once.
Method 4: Upgrade the Router or Modem
There are so many routers and modems are available in the market. Some routers and modems are cheap and some are expensive. According to the price of the devices you can think about their features, what specifications can they provide you with that price? If you buy a router at a very cheap price the router can distribute limited amounts of bandwidth. If your router supports less bandwidth than does your internet service, you need to upgrade your router which has more bandwidth capacity.
Method 5: Make Sure Your Wi-Fi Network Isn’t Crowded
Yes, of course, everyone has so many members on their home and there is not only one user at your home. If there are so many devices are connected with the same router or modem and at the same time, you’re downloading any game or other items on your PS4 the download speed will also be decreased or dropped. So, try to download when you’re alone connected with the router.
Method 6: Use Ethernet Connection
Keeps in your mind the Ethernet connection always powerful than Wi-Fi. If you’re using a Wi-Fi connection on your PS4 please connect it with the Ethernet cable and check the internet speed connection. When you’re using the ethernet cable there is not any loss percentage on your internet speed. You can easily connect the ethernet cable with your PS4.
Method 7: Update to Latest Firmware
Always update your PS4 firmware to the latest version because the latest version of firmware can increase the performance of your PS4. In the latest firmware always added and fixed some bugs which were previously reported by the PS4 users. If you don’t know how to download or update and install the PS4 firmware with the latest version click here. To download the latest version of the PS4 Firmware click here. If you’re going to download or update the PS4 Firmware, never download the firmware software file from the other sites. Always download from the PlayStation official site.
Method 8: Change DNS Server
This is one of the best methods to increase the download speed of your PS4. All the above methods you tried and still you face the same problem on your PS4, you must try this method to solve how to increase download speed on PS4. DNS server changing is critical because if you cannot able to change the DNS properly your PS4 is cannot usable. This means if you cannot configure DNS on your PS4 console there is no internet access on your PS4. So, first, read carefully and then apply this method to your PS4. To change the DNS follow the below steps by step:
- Open Settings, Scroll up from the main menu, then scroll right until you select the briefcase-shaped Settings option and press X. This will open Settings.
- Select Network, This is near the “System Software Update” option.
- Choose Set Up Internet Connection. You’ll find this close to the top of the Network menu.
- Select the appropriate network option. Your options include the following:
- Use Wi-Fi – Select this if your console is connected to the Internet via wireless.
- Use a LAN Cable – Select this if your console is connected to your modem via an Ethernet cable.
- Select Custom, this will allow you to manually change your DNS or MTU settings.
- If you’re on a Wi-Fi network, you’ll have to select the network you want to set up at this point.
- Choose Automatic, this will take care of the more complicated procedures for you.
- Select Do Not Specify, this will bypass another manual setup option.
- Select Manual when prompted. This option comes directly after the Do Not Specify one; it will allow you to edit your DNS IP addresses.
- Edit your DNS settings. In this case, you’ll need to enter both a primary and a secondary IP address for your target DNS location. Popular DNS alternatives include the following options:
- Google – 220.127.116.11 (“Primary” field); 18.104.22.168 (“Secondary” field).
- OpenDNS – 22.214.171.124 (“Primary” field); 126.96.36.199 (“Secondary” field).
- Double-check your typing’s accuracy before continuing.
- Select Automatic. This is at the top of the “MTU Settings” section. Do not lower your PS4’s MTU number; contrary to past experience, lowering the MTU number will no longer increase your PS4’s download speeds.
- Select Do Not Use. It’s at the top of the “Proxy Server” page.
- Try downloading an item. With the updated DNS settings, you should now be able to download items at a higher speed than which you were previously downloading.
Above we provide you all the possible methods on How to increase download speed on PS4. If still, you faced the same problem on your PS4, feel free to comment below with your question. We’ll try our best to solve your problem.
Common Questions & Answers Asked on How to Increase Download Speed on PS4
- How can I make my 2019 download faster on ps4?
Many users have a question on how to get games to download faster on ps4? Go to settings and then network. Now go to set up Internet Connection. Use either Lan Cable or Wi-Fi and then choose custom. Choose Ip Address as Automatic and DHCP Do not specify.
- Why is my ps4 downloading so slow?
So, just how slow is slow? According to Snellman’s tests, the artificial latency changes caused by the PS4 can range from a download window of 7kB to a 128kB receive window. That means your download speed can take up to 100 times longer than it should. This only happens when you’re download games from the PSN.
- Does rest mode speed up downloads ps4?
Yes, of course, in the rest mode absolutely download speed is faster than normal. It’s not a feature in that regard. It’s all anecdotal, but most people will tell you that there is a noticeable difference between download speeds in rest mode versus while the console is on.
- Is it faster to download one at a time ps4?
This is one of the anecdotal PS4 slow download speed solutions, so give it a try by all means but don’t bank on it does wonder. If you place your PS4 into Rest Mode you can sometimes get faster download speeds.